The AAFPS – Tell me more…
If you read my first blog post, you will already be au fait with what is a facial plastic surgeon.
Cosmetic surgeons work on many different parts of the body, whereas Facial Plastic Surgeons spend their whole day creating exacting results purely on the face.
You can read more about The Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery (AAFPS) here: All about the AAFPS
- (NB: The AAFPS website is being updated – I’ll let you know when the new version is launched).
The emphasis of the AAFPS is on providing education, leadership and research for our members.
As President of AAFPS, some of the areas I will be focusing on include:
- Education & Training – we run 1-2 top class meetings per year with speakers from around the world who are eminent in their field invited to attend. Plans are underway to host a rhinoplasty and facelift symposium in Perth during March 2013.
- Promotion – raising the profile of the AAFPS so that consumers and other cosmetic medical practitioners understand the highly specialized nature of facial plastic surgery.
- Global Collaboration – AAFPS Treasurer, Dr Tuan Pham, is representing Australia at the International Federation of Facial Plastic Surgery Societies (IFFPSS) meeting held in Rome, Italy, this week. The theme for the meeting is: “Techniques, Tastes, Trends in Facial Plastic Surgery – A Global Perspective”. Staying in touch with developments in facial plastic surgery internationally is essential for maintaining best practice and we look forward to hearing Dr Pham’s reports.
What does this mean for you?
- If you are considering undergoing a rhinoplasty or facial surgery procedure to help you breathe better, balance your features so they are more in harmony, or perhaps help you look more youthful (like the age you feel!)…. It is important to develop an understanding of what different specialists can offer.
- You can read more about my experience and training here: https://drmarcells.com.au/about/
If you have any questions about Facial Plastic Surgery, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
Ask a question
Meet Dr Marcells
MBBS (Syd), FRACS (ORL-HNS)
Past President – Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons
Dr George Marcells is known for excellence in facial plastic surgery and is considered a true master of rhinoplasty. He performs advanced surgical techniques to restore balance and harmony to the face and can also resolve functional issues such as breathing difficulties.