The COVID-19 outbreak in Australia is being handled as a health emergency by state and federal governments and it is important that we all do our bit for public safety, including our own.
Depending on your perspective and experiences, the past few months leading into spring have either flown by or felt like an eternity. It’s been a disruptive time for many, with new uncertainties to navigate in daily life.
Here at the clinic, we are receiving daily updates from health departments and have implemented a range of measures so that you can plan your consultation and surgery with greater confidence.
Behind the scenes
A pristine clinic setting has always been an essential.
- Hospital industrial grade professional cleaning of the clinic is undertaken daily; and the high standard of cleanliness is maintained with hospital grade products used to wipe surfaces throughout the day, adhering to infection control practices.
- We have installed air purifiers and hospital grade HEPA filters for improved air quality, as well, we do not use any aerosols.
- All staff, including Dr Marcells, maintain hand hygiene throughout the day and wear personal protective equipment
- Consultations are spaced (we have reduced our clinic lists) so that physical distancing requirements are met. As an added precaution, we ask our patients to only bring one support person with them, if needed.
Before your consultation or surgery
- After you call us to make an appointment with Dr Marcells, we will send you a form that asks a series of screening questions and outlines our essential requirements.
- All patients scheduled for surgery with Dr Marcells are required to have a COVID19 test 5-7 days prior to the scheduled surgery date.
- Patients are also asked to maintain physical distancing of at least 1.5m and minimize close gatherings and outings.
In the clinic
- You will find hospital grade hand sanitizer, face masks and key information at the entrance to our premises, for your convenience and as an added reminder.
- A sneeze shield has been placed at the reception desk, where Maddie will be ready to greet you.
- The waiting room is a comfortable setting where, thanks to careful prior planning, you will be assured of having ample personal space.
Safety and achieving the highest possible outcomes for patients has always been of prime concern for Dr Marcells. That’s why, as well as implementing all the public awareness and hygiene measures you can count on, Dr Marcells is at the forefront of facial plastic surgery. With education, training, and standards upheld, another assurance Dr Marcells offers is that you will never be rushed.
Thank you for your care of yourself and others… if you have any questions, contact us.