The Right Facial Enhancement: Relax, Refill, or Refresh
Dry, dull winter skin brings many patients to visit us at About Face in Bondi Junction. We offer a variety of solutions for rejuvenating the appearance, and in today’s post I’d like to talk about the different choices that exist for relaxing, refilling, and refreshing your face.
Face Looking Stressed? Dr Marcells Says Relax with Cosmetic Injectables
Stress lines can age your face prematurely. Minimally invasive and virtually pain free, injections of muscle relaxants block nerve impulses and weaken the muscles that create line-producing expressions on the face. Improvement can be seen within a matter of days, and results can last up to four months.
Muscle relaxant injections are an excellent way to
- Reduce wrinkles
- Reduce facial lines
- Reduce skin creasing
Face Looking Deflated? Dr Marcells Recommends Dermal Fillers
Dermal fillers are enormously popular at About Face. There are many kinds of fillers available, both synthetic and natural. Which is best for you? That depends on what you want to improve:
- Forehead lines
- Cheek folds
- Facial creases
- Deflated lips
Natural fillers are biodegradable.They are absorbedby the body in three to six months, though some may last up to a year. Synthetic materials can last up to five years. There are also fillers that are not reabsorbed by the body, offering a permanent solution.
Need to Refresh Your Face? Dr Marcells Offers 3 Ways to Improve Skin Tone & Texture
We offer a variety of minimally invasive treatments at About Face in Bondi Junction that help our patients with fine lines, sun damage, rosacea, spider veins, and age spots.
- Microdermabrasion – A mechanical exfoliation technique that improves the clarity and radiance of skin by gently removing the upper epidermal tissue and stimulating cell turnover.
- Fractional Laser Skin Resurfacing – A laser is used to target a small portion (fraction) of the skin, creating small wounds deep in the dermis that trigger the body’s natural healing response and stimulates collagen production to create fresh, radiant skin.
- IPL Therapy – Also known as a photofacial, a broad spectrum of light is used to heat deep layers of the skin, where it targets vascular lesions. The lesions are removednaturally by the body, giving skin a more even and youthful appearance.
Dr Marcells Presents 6 DIY Home-Care Tips for Facial Beauty
Daily moisturising can do a lot to protect your skin from winter weather, but there are other things you can do to guard against facial ageing:
- Avoid Alcohol-Based Products – They can further dehydrate already winter-parched skin.
- Remember to Apply Sunscreen – Look for a product labelled “broad spectrum”.
- Use Lip Balm – Cold wind and dry indoor heat leech moisture from your lips, and deplete their natural protective barrier.
- Don’t Give Your Lips a Lickin’ – Licking your lips can cause swelling, and even cracking because the enzymes in saliva increase irritation.
- Stop Picking – Picking and scratching at dry, irritated skin can lead to scarring and discolouration. If your skin feels itchy, try applying a cool compress.
- Turn Down the Heat – Showering in piping hot water may feel great, but it can turn your skin into a desert of dryness.
If you have questions about facial enhancement procedures or would like to know how cosmetic enhancement at About Face can refresh your appearance, please use our online enquiry form or call us on 1300 555 095.
Ask a question
Meet Dr Marcells
MBBS (Syd), FRACS (ORL-HNS)
Past President – Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons
Dr George Marcells is known for excellence in facial plastic surgery and is considered a true master of rhinoplasty. He performs advanced surgical techniques to restore balance and harmony to the face and can also resolve functional issues such as breathing difficulties.