9 Surprising Nose Facts
Younger You has launched an e-magazine about nose surgery. It features interviews with three of my rhinoplasty patients – Andrea, Edward and Sarah. It also includes a top-line summary for easy to access information about nose surgery, such as the procedure and how long it takes, risks, recovery and cost.
For intrigue, they have also included a section titled, 9 Surprising Nose Facts. I must say that I was even surprised by some of these:
- You can’t hum holding your nose closed. Go on. Try!
- Humans can detect around 10,000 odour molecules
- According to Ayurvedic medicine, a pierced left nostril will reduce the pain of child-birth.
- A sneeze leaves the body at 965Km/hour.
- Our noses and ears never stop growing.
- Your thumb is the same size as your nose
- In New York it is illegal for citizens to greet each other by “putting one’s thumb to the nose and wiggling the fingers”.
- Rhinophobia is a fear of noses. Epistaxiophobia is a fear of nose bleeds. Snutophobia is a fear of blowing your nose.
- In the course of a lifetime the average person will grow two metres of nasal hair.
Visit www.youngeryou.com.au to download a free copy of the e-magazine.
I have also saved a copy in the media section of this website, so you can download it from there as well.
Ask a question
Meet Dr Marcells
MBBS (Syd), FRACS (ORL-HNS)
Past President – Australasian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgeons
Dr George Marcells is known for excellence in facial plastic surgery and is considered a true master of rhinoplasty. He performs advanced surgical techniques to restore balance and harmony to the face and can also resolve functional issues such as breathing difficulties.