Perfect Eyebrows & How You Can Get Them
Well-groomed, gracefully arched brows play a role in balancing facial features, including the eyes, nose, forehead, and length of the face. “Good eyebrows can make your face look younger and fresher so that you appear well-rested, attractive, and feminine,” says Dr Marcells.
5 Perfect Brow Shapes
The human face is wonderfully unique, so there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all eyebrow. There are, however, general brow grooming guidelines based on the five most common face shapes:
- Long Face – A thick, straight brow line will help shorten the face. Stay away from an arched brow, which adds length.
- Round Face – A higher arch complements a round face by making cheekbones appear higher, while a thick brow makes a round face appear wider.
- Square Face – A medium-sized brow that is neither overly flat nor arched slims the corners of a square face.
- Oval Face – A shorter brow length will create the appearance of fuller cheeks.
- Heart-Shaped Face – Virtually any brow shape is complimentary except for a straight brow, which contrasts with the soft curves of the heart-shape.
Just like fashion trends, eyebrow trends come and go. However, a fuller brow is almost always the most flattering to the face and, like the little black dress, seems always to be in style.
When Young Eyebrows Need Help
Eyebrows can be unruly in their growth and coloring, but there are many simple things you can do to perfect them:
- Colouring – “Dyes can cause allergic reactions, painful rashes, blistering, and even blindness,” warns Dr.Marcells. “It is much safer and smarter to use cosmetics to change the colour of your brows.”
- Hair Removal Creams – “Typical hair removal creams are designed for use on the legs and underarms,” says Dr Marcells. “They are too strong for use near the face, and I recommend that people avoid them.”
- Plucking – This at-home method using tweezers is useful for brows that are not yet sagging. The downside is that plucking can require daily maintenance for women with thick or fast-growing brows.
- Shaving – Dr Marcells cautions people to avoid shaving. “Shaving your eyebrows puts a sharp blade dangerously close to your eyes,” he says. “Better not.”
- Waxing – Waxing delivers the same results as plucking, but it’s faster. Waxing is more expensive than plucking, but can last up to two weeks.
2 Options to Renew Older Eyebrows
“Eyebrows are the frame to our eyes,” says Dr Marcells, “but because of the number of expressions we all make, the shape of our eyebrows inevitably changes over time.” When that happens, there are two common solutions:
- Injectables – The muscles that surround the eyebrow can begin to pull them down as we age. Muscle relaxants can be injected into the squinting muscles to relax the downward pull on the brow and create a short-term “forehead/brow lift”.
- Surgery – Often referred to as “eyebrow restoration,” this procedure is used to correct sagging eyebrow lines and forehead skin.
What’s the Next Step?
Want to know more about ways to make your eyebrows look their best? You can read more about the popular browlift procedure by clicking here. Information about other procedures and treatments and approaches to eyebrow beauty and other facial enhancements can be found in the treatments section of this website.
If you wish to find out more information on any of the procedures mentioned in this post or wish to make an appointment with Dr Marcells, please contact us at 1300 555 095. You can also use email or the ‘book consultation’ feature of this website to make an appointment.
Please share this info
If you found this information on eyebrow beauty and eyebrow lifts useful, please share it with your network on Facebook.