Which Kind of Facial Wrinkles Do You Have?
Dr Marcells and his team are masterful at diagnosing wrinkles. A personal in-depth interview with every patient allows our team to develop treatment plans tailored to their individual wrinkle-busting needs.
Do you know the best wrinkle treatment to keep your face fresh and youthful? If not, we hope this article will help you sort out the bags from the furrows and the lines from the wrinkles.
Getting to Know Your Wrinkles
This quick quiz will help you identify two types of wrinkles that respond well to cosmetic injectables such as muscle relaxers and fillers:
- When you frown, do vertical lines between your brows become visible?
- When you smile, do the wrinkles around your eyes appear more prominent?
- Does your skin spring back into position after making facial expressions?
If you answered yes to some of these questions above, you need treatment for dynamic wrinkles.
- Do you have visible lines and folds in your facial skin even when your face is at rest?
- Are there prominent vertical lines across your forehead?
- Are there bands of lines and wrinkles around your neck?
If you can answer yes to any of the questions above, you need treatment for static wrinkles.
2 Main Types of Wrinkles & Top Treatments
For cosmetic enhancement purposes, wrinkles are categorised like this:
- Dynamic Wrinkles – wrinkles that materialise when you frown, smile, or express an emotion. When you relax your face, the wrinkles disappear. Included under this heading are worry lines, crow’s feet and bunny nose.
At our practice we use injections of a neurotoxin to stop the muscle contractions that create the wrinkles. This is a popular approach, because, left untreated, dynamic wrinkles often become static wrinkles.
- Static Wrinkles – wrinkles that are permanently etched into the face. They become more prominent with age. Included under this heading are laugh lines, lines along the cheeks, and neck wrinkles.
To correct static wrinkles, our team frequently turns to dermal fillers to encourage collagen production and plump out wrinkles.
When wrinkles can no longer be treated effectively with cosmetic injectables, patients consult with Dr Marcells to determine whether other surgical or non-surgical treatments will provide a better solution:
- Laser treatments
- Chemical peels
- Face lift
- Brow lift
- Eye lift
Leave Wrinkles Behind in Edgecliff
Many people develop some or all of these different types of wrinkles. Regardless of your wrinkle type or desired degree of correction, there is a solution available for you at our practice. Please use our online enquiry form or call us on 1300 555 095 to get the answers to wrinkle questions ironed out.