Cosmetic Surgery for Guys: Talking Man-to-Man
Fashions change with the time, and we’re not just talking about clothing and hairstyles. Cosmetic enhancement, once the almost exclusive domain of women, is currently in-fashion for men…and likely to remain so.
In the U.S., men had more than 1 million cosmetic procedures this year, accounting for nearly one in ten of cosmetic enhancements performed.America’s national trends are often predictive of global trends, which makes this statistic particularly interesting:
The number of cosmetic procedures for American menincreased over 273% from 1997.
Men in Australia are equally enthusiastic.
Cosmetic Enhancement for Men in Australia
Cosmetic enhancement is popular with men of all ages in Australia. Cosmetic surgery enthusiast Jan Handere is a 55 year-old train driver who has had eyelid surgery and liposuction, as well as treatments with cosmetic injectables. He appeared on Tonight’s Insight on SBS One and had this to say:
“The eyes, the stomach, the liposuction, it all helps with my whole persona, my whole body, and I’ve never felt better since I’ve had the operations,” Jan Handerek on Tonight’s Insight
Saying Yes to Cosmetic Enhancement for Men
Men who would have once said “No way” to cosmetic surgery are saying “Yes” to looking younger longer. They have been won over by revolutionary improvements in male cosmetic surgery techniques and the emergence of quick, convenient, non-invasive treatments, not to mention the benefits they offer to a man’s private and professional life.
“Your appearance impacts what happens to you in the workplace, which is becoming leaner, meaner, and younger, so some men see plastic surgery as a strategy to boost their company’s bottom line and their own salary,” Dr David B. Sarwer, an associate professor of psychology at the Perelman School of Medicine at the University of Pennsylvania, in an interview with Details Magazine
7 Top Cosmetic Surgery Procedures for Men
The transformational results that are possible with cosmetic surgery for menare winning over patients, loved ones, and employers, too. These include:
- Facelift to tighten skin and remove wrinkles
- Brow lift to raise brows and improve forehead lines
- Eyelid surgery to open eyes and improve vision
- Rhinoplasty to improve facial symmetry
- Gynecomastia to remove excess breast tissue
- Micro-liposuction to firm up a sagging jawline
- “Hi-def” liposuction to highlight abs, pectoral muscles, and gluteal implants
Men’s Top Non-Surgical Cosmetic Enhancement Treatments
For men seeking less invasive ways to improve their looks, the following treatments (all of which we offer at our practice) deliver formidable results:
- Chemical peels for a healthy, glowing complexion
- Injectable soft fillersto plump facial hollows
- Muscle relaxants that combat fine lines and wrinkles
- Cosmetic injectables to curb excess sweating
- IPLand Healite treatments for skin rejuvenation
- IPL with Healite technology to treat sun damage
- Microdermabrasion and Micro Peels to refresh the skin
Would You Like to Know More?
If you have questions about anything mentioned in this post, please contact us on 1300 555 095. You can also use email or use the ‘book consultation’ feature of this website to make an appointment to learn more about male cosmetic enhancement and the work of Dr George Marcells.
It would be wonderful to hear from you.